Sunday, July 4, 2010

North Irondequoit Postscript



Concerns about my upcoming California trip cut my visit with Peggi and Paul to a short day and a half. We agreed to get together for another afternoon of art and hospitality later on in the spring. And we did, in early June. The results were: another fine hike, a painting of a heron we saw at surprisingly close range during that hike, and an excellent lunch of homemade pizza followed by tapioca pudding – something Peggi and I share an enthusiasm for. Paul, too?




Meanwhile, after California but before the return visit, I’d been listening to CDs of P & P’s current band, Margaret Explosion, while driving around and thinking about my time in north Irondequoit whenever I got near Lake Ontario. This painting from west of Rochester, along the Lake Ontario State Parkway, was done in late May. In spirit it connects to the set from Peggi and Paul’s, so I'm including it here.

No comments: